|Braised Lamb Shoulder with Parmesan Crust and Creamy Mash|
As the weather gets colder, I crave for warm comfort foods such as stews and casseroles. So for dinner tonight, I made braised lamb shoulder with Parmesan crust served with creamy mash. It's so delicious!
So this is what you need to make this dish:
• 1 lamb shoulder meat (about 1.5kg), cut into 3cm piece (remove access fat, not all fat!)
• 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
• 2 onions, finely chopped
• 3 tbs dried parsley
• a bunch of thyme sprigs
• 2 tsp dried rosemary
• 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1 cup (250ml) dry white wine
• 1 cup (250ml) Lamb Stock (I use Essential Cuisine brand)
• 200g Panko breadcrumbs (Japanese style breadcrumbs)
• 100g finely grated Parmesan cheese
How to cook this dish:
1. Preheat oven to 180°c.
2. Place lamb in a large roasting pan, scatter over tomato, onion, herbs and garlic, season to taste
3. Pour over white wine and Essential Cuisine Lamb Stock
This lamb stock is amazing! I have not seen any other product like this. It is an all-natural lamb stock and it is chilled because it contains no preservatives. I tried Essential Cuisine's chicken stock this week in my roast chicken gravy and couldn't resist to try the lamb stock today. I got this from Thomas Dux at Hornsby Westfield mall for $4.49 a pack. You can find this at the meat section. Awesome stuff!!!
4. Then bake for 1 ½ hours.
5. Meanwhile combine breadcrumbs, parmesan and chilli in a bowl.
6. Add crumb mix and cook for a further ½ hour until golden.
Optional: Creamy mashed potatoes
1. Potatoes, boiled and mashed
2. Add cream and chopped parsley
3. Season with sea salt & cracked black pepper
Hope you enjoy this recipe!