|Easy Choc Tart|
Tart base (makes 2 small tarts):
- 5-7 Nice biscuits (you can also use Digestive biscuits if you cant find Nice, but I recommend Nice)
- A small knob of butter, melted (use salted butter)
- 2tsp castor sugar
- Crush biscuits until sandy texture, add in melted butter and castor sugar, and mix well. Ensure that the mixture is wet enough for you to line the tart tin (the sugar does not need to be dissolved)
- Press down the biscuit mixture until it rises to the sides of the tin
- Place the tin into the freezer for at least 2 hours, until the biscuit base is hard solid
Chocolate ganache filling (makes 2 small tarts)
- 80gm dark chocolate, broken up into small pieces
- 50gm thickened cream
- 1tbs Nutella (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a microwaveable bowl, place the bowl into microwave and set it on to high for 1 min
- Remove bowl, slowly stir with wooden spoon until mixture is smooth and shiny
To assemble choc tart
- Remove tart tin from freezer
- Spread a little strawberry jam on the base of the tart base
- Fill the tin with the liquid warm chocolate ganache (not hot)
- Chill the tart in the fridge for about 2 hours (to ensure the ganache is set)
- Remove tart from tin (use a pairing knife to run through the edges gently).
- Eat immediately!!
Try making this tart before you start cooking dinner. By the time you wash up after dinner, the chocolate tart will be ready for nom nom nom-ing! It's so easy, so hope you like this recipe!